Sunday night dinner is lazy cook night in our house. So with a pop of homemade soup on the stove, I whipped up (yes they are that easy) some Cheese, Ham and Sun dried tomato pinwheel scones.
This recipe is one I got years ago from Kiwi KISS– a weight loss programmed.
Cheese, Ham and Sun Dried Tomato Pinwheel Scones
2 cups flour
2 heaped tspn baking powder
1 tsp dry mustard
pinch salt and ground black pepper
4 tsp butter, softened
50 grams grated tasty cheddar cheese – grated
¾ cup of milk
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
100 grams of shaved ham cut into strips
100 grams tasty cheddar cheese, grated.
1. Preheat oven to 220deg C
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, mustard, salt and pepper
3. Rub in the butter and stir in the grated cheese
4. Add milk to form a soft but not wet dough
5. Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and gently kneed to bring mixture together. Roll out on baking paper to form a large rectangle.
6. Scatter tomatoes, cheese and ham evenly over the dough
7. Gently roll pastry up (long side) to form a roll.
8. Cut into 8 pinwheel scones, and lay flat on the baking try
9. Bake 220 Deg C for approximately 20 minutes or until golden (mine take about 15 minutes)
About 10 minutes into the cooking, (ran out of baking paper!) and you can see some cheese has spilled over, but still delicious!
What is your go to recipe for a lazy cook night (that doesn’t involve a drive to the takeout!!)