Monday, June 23, 2014

VINTAGE FRAME PROJECT

Hi everyone

Well, I’m finally managing to get some time to blog, and do a few projects.

One project that I’ve been trying to get to for some time has been to use that gold frame I picked up at the flea market.  Remember it



I really loved it’s antique-ness and the carved detail.




I love going to flea markets, there’s always the anticipation of finding a bargain or something just that little bit different. 

The picture in this frame was some weird thing in blue.  Now as you probably know, blue is my favorite color, but it just didn’t work with this frame.  But the frame is a rather unusual oblong shape. What to put in it?


A few years ago I bought one of those tin signs (actually I brought more than one!).  Up until just recently when our hallway/entrance was painted, this sign hung in the hallway. It’s never gone back up. Well, not much has gone up, but I’m getting there  - so slowly.

It’s oblong!  And the perfect size!

Firstly I pulled out the pic, but unfortunately as I pulled it out the cardboard tore and so that side was not going to be able to painted without the tear still showing. So it meant I had to spray the weird picture. Out came the gold spray paint and hey presto it’s painted.  It took three light coats to cover nicely.

You can see the gold paint in the picture above

Next is how to attach the tin art so that it doesn’t slip down.
Hmmm.  Masking tape, PVA glue. I ended up using masking tape and just folded it back on itself so that it acted like double-sided tape.


And here is what it looks like now.




I could have photocopied the tin art, but that would have faded I think over time, this way too I think the artwork has a bit more depth.

Now all I have to do is find the right place to hang it.


What have you done lately that is a bit different?


Happy days
Jane

PS excuse the not great photos, but i'm working one handed as have  a severe sprained wrist. - Back tomorrow, with this piece of art's final resting place, hopefully i won't be a one armed art hanger!



1 comment:

  1. I love guilded frames and I enjoyed this post. Thanks, Jane!

    ReplyDelete