Sunday, April 13, 2014

EASTER CRAFTS

Hi everyone.


Hope you've had a fab weekend.  Are you home for Easter or traveling away?  It's fast approaching and my goal is to try and do some Easter crafts.  Now I'm not a crafter, but I am a wanna be crafter.    I really like wreaths, though I haven’t really made them before.  That’s going to change.  To get ideas of things to try I’ve been perusing Pinterest and found some major inspiration.  Isn't that such a fab site - you can lose hours and hours there.
So here's some ideas.

 Aren't the colors so pretty


Or this

 I love the naturalness of this, really refreshing.

Or this


I'm in New Zealand and so it's autumn here, so these colors are really appropriate for right now.  

So with all this in mind, here I go.  I went to a local craft supply store and a dollar type store but couldn’t get the wire wreath ring I wanted, nor the deco mesh at a reasonable price, however, I’ve been told you can buy it online so I’ll have to check that out. If you know any good sites, let me know in the comments below

So here’s my effort. 



 I used silk autumn leaves plus tiny silk roses and had a go at making a bow.
I did want the flowers etc to be hanging on the left hand side, but found the balance didn't work when I hung it, and so it had a mind of its own.  Hanging it, now there was another lesson to learn. 

Our front door is a double opening door and has a lip at the top so an over the door wreath hanger won’t work – very frustrating.  However I’ve had great success with those Command hooks/picture hangers, I gave  them a go.  Lesson, make sure u use a bigger hook because the first one didn't stick more than about ten minutes, and hence required another trip to the store to get a bigger brute to hold this baby up.

The wreath is not quite Easter-y, but it's a wreath and it's on my front door and I LOVE IT.  So it's a step toward a home I love!

This is the first time I’ve done Easter decorating, and it’s been fun.  I’m not a natural crafter, but as I keep reminding myself it doesn’t have to be perfect.  

Enjoy!

Happy days
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment